Feb. 2-4, 2015, Mon. 10:00 am — Wed. 1:00 pm
St. Paul’s Centre Orilla, Ontario
Our rapidly changing world requires new ways of seeing, knowing and caring. Churches and other Faith Communities can play a pivotal role in helping individuals and communities develop the cognitive, emotional and spiritual capacities needed to creatively engage the emerging world. In this workshop Tom will first introduce an Integral map to guide us into uncharted territory. He will then lead you through some of the personal transformation tools developed in his new book, Crazy Wisdom: Tools for Evolving Consciousness.
Outline of the Workshop
Please Note: Topics will be interspersed with activities to engage participation and elicit issues.
The Need for Change
The Essential Role of Churches
The Integral Church Map…Part 1:
Quadrants and Types
Three Faces of God
The Integral Church Map…Part 2:
Stages and Lines of Development
States of Consciousness
Room to Roam: Creating the context for evolving consciousness
Transformational Inquiry: Immersion Experience
Immunity to Change
Natural Safe Tests
Overview of Crazy Wisdom Tools
Transformational Inquiry is an adaptation for faith communities of the Immunity to Change process developed by Robert Kegan and Lisa Lahey of Harvard University. For more than a decade Tom has used Transformational Inquiry in his church to:
- nurture personal and spiritual growth
- support social justice work
- build a resilient, adventurous community
“We are absolutely delighted that Tom has decided to offer this program and enthusiastically recommend this training! You are in for a huge treat.” ~ Robert Kegan and Lisa Lahey
Tom Thresher’s Transformational Inquiry is a superb practice for exposing and transforming the core assumptions that run—and sometimes ruin—your life. Incredibly effective and easy to practice, I can unconditionally recommend this work. ~ Ken Wilber, The Integral Vision
At the request of Kegan and Lahey Tom offers four day trainings in the Crazy Wisdom tools of Transformational Inquiry. Contact Tom here.
Immunity to Change
Training for Faith Communities
In this workshop, you will:training designed specifically for facilitators in faith communities. This workshop provides training in the Immunity to Change® (ITC) approach designed by Robert Kegan and Lisa Lahey, while incorporating additional, specialized instruction for participants from faith communities. We call it Transformational Inquiry.
- Learn to facilitate individual change in a small group setting in the faith community
- Discover ways to strengthen your community’s culture through collective reflection and discovery
- Explore Transformational Inquiry as a tool to strengthen existing social justice work and energize new initiatives
- Develop the skills and confidence to facilitate the ITC and Transformational Inquiry approaches in churches and other faith settings.
- Develop a network of colleagues using these approaches in their faith communities
- Dive deeply into Inquiry in a small group of no more than 20 participants in a relaxing, natural setting
- Receive a specialized workbook, the Immunity to Change Facilitator’s Guide, which you will personalize as a resource for working with your community.
- Receive three books: Immunity to Change by Robert Kegan and Lisa Lahey and two books by Tom Thresher: Reverent Irreverence: Integral Church for the 21st Century and Transformational Inquiry: Change from the Root of Your Being (forthcoming).
Learn more through our video HERE!
Find Tom’s book here: Reverent Irreverence.
Find Transformational on Facebook!